Workplace Harassment Attorneys
Workplace harassment can take many forms, including verbal, physical and psychological. If you have been a victim of harassment at work, it is critical to remember that there are laws to protect you.
At Law Offices of Gary R. Carlin, APC, our skilled lawyers have been defending clients’ rights since 1970 and we will do everything in our power to help you reach the best possible result in your case. From our office in Long Beach, California, we serve individuals throughout the Los Angeles metropolitan area.
We offer free initial case evaluations. Call us at 562-606-0382 to schedule your consultation.
Experienced Employment Law Attorneys Dedicated To Protecting Your Rights
Our skilled lawyers have been representing employees for more than 45 years. We are experienced in a wide range of harassment cases, such as:
- Disability harassment: Workers can experience discrimination and harassment for physical or mental conditions, such as cerebral palsy, vision impairment or learning disabilities. If you have been mocked or teased because of your disability, or if your employer has disciplined you for trying to work within your medical restrictions, it is important to give our attorneys a call today.
- National origin harassment: We have addressed cases of supervisors mistreating employees solely because of their ancestry. This can occur with virtually any ethnic group: Asians, Hispanics, African-Americans, Filipino-Americans and many others. You should never have to deal with cultural or ethnic harassment in the workplace – but when it happens, you need a lawyer who knows how to stand up for your rights.
- Racial harassment: Racial harassment can be overt with the use of racial slurs and aggressive behavior. It can also be much subtler with a condescending tone of voice, body language and demeanor. When racial jokes, offensive remarks or other forms of harassment exist in the workplace, we can work to stop them.
- Religious harassment: Some employees report that their employers were unwilling to accommodate important religious obligations and that they were forced to attend work on days of special religious significance. Our attorneys take aggressive action against employers that seek to inappropriately interject religious pressure into the workplace.
- Sexual harassment: No matter what form sexual harassment takes, it is an illegal practice that you should not have to deal with. Our law firm is on your side. We will conduct an intensive investigation of the circumstances surrounding the sexual harassment you were subjected to, whether it was physical, visual, written or verbal. We will also protect you against retaliation for reporting sexual harassment.
- Sexual orientation harassment: You have the right to be yourself in the workplace. Whether you are gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgender is irrelevant. Call us if you have suffered any type of discrimination or harassment based on your sexual orientation. Our team is committed to protecting your rights.
If you have suffered harassment or discrimination, you may be entitled to back pay and benefits plus damages for emotional distress. Our team knows not only state and federal anti-harassment laws but also how to forcefully apply the law to your situation.
Find Out How Our Lawyers Can Assist You | Free, Confidential Consultation
To speak to a knowledgeable attorney, please contact us to set up your free initial consultation. We handle workplace harassment cases on a contingency fee basis, which means you will not pay legal fees unless you receive compensation in your case.